It's December and that means holiday shopping is officially under way. Hopefully you haven't finished buying all of your gifts because Thrive & Dine wants to share some of our favorites with you... and a few things on our wish list, too. We have our top picks for the Wellness Warriors, Environmental Enthusiasts and Kitchen Dwellers in your life (even if that someone is you!). Take a peek and let us know what you think.
The Kitchen Dweller
· When it comes to cooking, why not add Everyday Super Foods by Jamie Oliver to your collection? It’s on more than one of our wish lists this year.
· Tired of putting down your wine glass at a party and forgetting which one was yours? Bring a set of these Wine Glass Markers to your next gathering and let everyone personalize their wine glass. Makes a great hostess gift, too.
· While large kitchen appliances sometimes take up a little extra space, this 3-in-1 Multi Cooker is worth it. Plus it does the work of a rice cooker, a slow cooker and a pressure cooker. Think of all the cabinet space you'll save!
· Drinking your vegetables is easier with this great Samson Juicer, but you can always blend them into delicious smoothies, too, with a Vitamix Blender. Yes, we think a Vitamix is better than most every other blender out there. It's a workhorse and worth the splurge.
· Silicone Muffin Cups are too good to pass up. Non-stick, BPA free, dishwasher safe. What’s not to like?
· Cold brew coffee is all the rage right now. Why not make your own with this Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker?
· Plastic is going out of style fast. Swap out your plastic food storage containers for these terrific Glass Food Storage Containers. In a pinch, they can double as a serving bowl.
· And if you haven't already heard, plastic water bottles of any kind are a thing of the past. Hydroflask and Swell are your best bets for replacements that keep your cold liquids cold and your hot liquids hot for hours on end.
· Since we’re speaking of plastic, reduce your usage at the grocery stores and put your fresh, organic produce in these washable produce bags. Buy two sets; you’ll be glad you did!
· Protect your health and save the planet with this pick. Toss the dryer sheets and use these wool dryer balls instead. And they’ll shorten your drying time - bonus!
· Not just for school kids, these reusable lunch boxes are great for taking healthy food with you when you travel. Because, really, does anyone love eating airplane food?
· Save the environment (and ten cents) by having one of these packable reusable shopping bags with you at all times. Packs small to fit in a purse or tote.
· Keep your commitment to lessening your impact on the environment and switch your cookware to Scanpan products. We love these recycled aluminum, PFOA free pots and pans. You'll not only reduce your carbon footprint, you'll cook healthier in your kitchen as well.... how's that for a "two-for-one"?
· The hottest (or shall we say “coolest”) cooler out there right now. This soft side Yeti Hopper is waterproof, air tight and gives a whole new meaning to keeping things cold on the go. A splurge worthy item.
· Fit Bit Blaze is the newest model of their popular line. A water resistant watch that talks to your smartphone via bluetooth and still keeps track of your steps.
· How about a weighted jump rope to up your workout? A great way to get your cardio workout in… singing Miss Mary Mack while you jump might make it a little more fun·
· Work out anywhere with this set of fitness bands. Easy for working out when on the road or you're just too lazy to drive to the gym.
· Weekend Meditation at the Chopra Center We all could use a little (or a lot) of down time, especially after a crazy holiday season. Sign up for one of these classes and learn meditation methods you can use all year long.
· Canyon Ranch wellness getaway. Wellness programs, spa facilities and fitness activities all in one beautiful resort. Something for everyone, this is the most indulgent of our wish list items.
Have a few favorites of your own you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments, below.
A Happy, Merry, Jolly, Cheerful, Blessed Holiday to all!